As we head into the second half of the fall 2020 semester, we want to keep the University community informed as dates for changes to Library services are finalized. Here’s a rundown of our current plans for the rest of this semester and into spring 2021.
Services for spring semester (beginning February 2021) will be largely the same as they were for fall semester 2020, including:
- Library services and spaces will remain available to UVA ID holders only. Face coverings must be worn in the Library and food and drink is prohibited.
- Brown and Clemons Library will be open, and the Small Special Collections Library will be open to researchers by appointment only.
- Stacks access will remain restricted to Library staff.
- HathiTrust’s Emergency Temporary Access Services (ETAS) items remain available online.
As the fall 2020 semester winds down, Library services will shift. Key dates include:
- Nov. 25 to 28: All Library spaces and services will shut down during the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Nov. 29 to Dec. 11:
- Clemons is open through Dec. 11.
- Special Collections is available by appointment Mon., Tues., and Thurs.
- Library pick-up will remain available at Clemons and Central Grounds Parking Garage (“LEO Mobile”).
- Brown will remain closed.
- Dec. 12 to Dec. 18:
- On December 12, Clemons will close to the public, and Interlibrary Loan will pause (although ILL requests can still be placed).
- Pickup will remain available at Clemons Library and Central Grounds Parking Garage (“LEO Mobile”).
- Dec. 19 to Jan. 3: All Library spaces and services will shut down during the winter holiday.
- Jan. 4: Clemons re-opens for item pick-up only, and ILL will resume. Spaces are otherwise closed.
Between the end of J-Term and the beginning of the spring 2021 semester, services will return to the level offered in fall 2020. Check the Library’s Status Dashboard for current status of spaces and services.