While COVID-related restrictions are in place, Library users can find research materials by requesting them through Virgo to pick up at the service desk, by accessing full-text titles from the HathiTrust Digital Library in Virgo, and by logging in with Netbadge to see full text and primary sources from licensed databases.
But what if you need personal help finding the best sources and learning the best ways to use them? The Library has those bases covered too:
- Special Collections offers reference support through their Online Reference Request form, and UVA students or faculty who need to use the reading room in the Small Special Collections Library can make an appointment to come and use the library’s more than 16 million non-circulating objects (manuscripts, archival records, rare books, maps, broadsides, photographs, audio and video recordings and more) listed in Virgo.
- Makerspaces are not available to walk-in traffic, but a few options are available:
- Scholars’ Lab can also schedule virtual consultations about Spatial Tech projects involving Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Virtual Reality, or cultural heritage data. Contact email@example.com.
- Subject Liaisons are an excellent resource for identifying the best ways to find and use materials in your area of study. They know all the tricks! Find your subject liaison now.
- Ask a Librarian is the Library’s chat service, available every day of the week to answer questions. Chat with a librarian who will either find what you need or connect you with a research expert who can!