We have some great resources for research, teaching, and learning this fall. Here’s what you need to know to get started:
- Search Virgo, the Library’s catalog
- The newly-updated Virgo interface makes it easier than ever to conduct research, find online material, and request scans for course reserves.
- We’ve partnered with HathiTrust to offer millions of in-copyright items online to students, faculty, and staff. Simply find items in Virgo, click through to HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access, and log in with Netbadge for access from anywhere.
- Read more about what’s new in Virgo.
- Collections access, safely
- Over the summer we launched Contactless Pickup, by appointment, for UVA students, faculty, and staff. We are working on expanded paging service for fall semester — read the latest in our COVID-19 FAQ, which is updated regularly with new or changed services.
- Specialty research and classroom assistance
- Subject specialists have expertise in specific disciplines and can help you locate materials for your research, course planning, and more. They also can connect you to pedagogical resources through the Teaching & Learning team: classroom assistance (library help, directly in your classes!), course planning, guidance for online instruction, and more. Find your Subject Liaison.
Reliable answers in a time of uncertainty
It’s no secret that fall 2020 will be a semester unlike any other. Here’s how we’re making your life just a little bit easier:
- Our Status Dashboard will have reliable, up-to-date information about Library services throughout the semester.
- Not sure how to get what you need? Ask a Librarian through web chat: they’re available every day of the week, and there’s no question too big or too small.
- We’ve greatly expanded our digital holdings in Virgo, but other resources may prove equally useful:
- Browse Databases, A-Z.
- Search subject guides — built by experts, focused on specific topics like Education, Psychology, English, Chemistry, and more.
- Access research software, with guidance from the Library and UVA ITS.
- Learn more about general services available to Faculty and Graduate Students.
Stay up-to-the-minute by subscribing to Library news, or following us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.