UVA’s Department of Transportation has announced changes in its summer bus service that will affect some routes near Alderman Library:
McCormick Road between Cabell Drive and Minor Hall will be closed June 12–August 11. The University Transportation Service (UTS) cannot not provide service along the east end of McCormick Road during this period, and will instead use a combination of Emmet Street and the west end of McCormick Road to provide service to and from Central Grounds.
THE FOLLOWING STOPS WILL NOT BE IN SERVICE:
- #066: McCormick Road at Brown College
- #068: McCormick Road at Clark Hall
- #069: McCormick Road at Garrett Hall
- #072: McCormick Road at Monroe Hall
- #076: McCormick Road at UVA Chapel
- #098: McCormick Road at Alderman Library
FOR UPDATED BUS SERVICE, PLEASE REFER TO THE FOLLOWING ROUTE MAPS:
- Central Grounds Shuttle—Copeley, U-Hall, Emmet/Ivy Garage, Facilities Management, UVA Chapel
- Inner U-Loop—UVA Chapel, Mad/Preston, Health System, Scott Stadium
- Outer U-Loop—Alderman Library, Scott Stadium, Health System, Mad/Preston
- Northline—UVA Chapel, Barracks Rd Shopping Center, U-Hall, Alderman Library, Hereford
CHANGES TO NIGHT-TIME SERVICE:
- Beginning Monday, June 19, UTS route service will end at 10:00 p.m. (Monday–Friday), and Safe Ride will begin service at 10:00 p.m. Safe Ride will be available from 10:00 p.m.–7:30 a.m., Monday-Friday, and 12:30 a.m.–7:30 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Passengers may request Safe Ride service by calling 434-242-1122 or by using the TransLoc mobile app (this is the same app used to track UTS buses). A valid UVA ID is required to use Safe Ride.
- Safe Ride is advised to keep a van near the Library at closing time to expedite any requests that come in after 10:00 p.m.