With customizable settings, high-quality results, and an easy-to-use interface that works on any device, Virgo is built to get you the resources you need, faster than ever.
Today we launched the latest update to the Virgo software — a substantial upgrade from previous versions. Notable features include:
- Improved accuracy for search results.
- Easy-to-use interface that’s fully functional on any size screen.
- Ability to limit results by availability: “online” or “on shelf now”.
- A personal account where you can…
- Review requests and checkouts.
- Organize bookmarks and share with collaborators.
- Save searches for later review.
- Set preferences for ongoing use of the Virgo system.
Reliable results, from anywhere
We’ve refined the results display to increase relevance and empower you to quickly assess results from any search.
After your initial search, you can filter by availability — for example, limiting to online items only — and browse resource types like books, images, musical scores, and more.
Searching, browsing, and filtering works from any device, wherever you are: home, dorm, office, or on the move.
Need to come back later? You can save your searches to your account, and even share them with collaborators if you wish.
Your account also allows you to save and organize bookmarks, and set preferences for which resource types are presented highest in your results.
No problem too big, no question too small
Ask a Librarian web chat is ready to answer any questions, any time.