We’re so glad to have you at UVA and want you to know the Library is here for you — no question is too big or too small.
This semester is a little different from usual, but here are some things you won’t want to miss:
- Looking for something? Search Virgo!
- The Virgo catalog holds millions of items for research, enlightenment, and entertainment! A huge body of material is available online, from the comfort of your home or dorm room.
- Not sure what to do? Ask a Librarian!
- Use online chat to Ask a Librarian anything that’s on your mind. Don’t be shy… we’ve heard it all!
- Collections access, safely.
- If you need an item that’s not available online, simply request it in Virgo and we’ll help connect you, safely socially distanced along the way.
- Subscribe to Library news
- Zooming around the Library…
- It’s true: we’re all spending time on Zoom these days. Check out these custom backgrounds and join us “in” the Library.
There’s so much more…
We can’t safely offer EVERYTHING right now, but we’re working on it!
We’re working on plans to safely offer more of our normal services, such as:
- Spaces for studying or group work.
- (Free!) equipment loans,
- And lots more.
In the meantime, we’re here to help (it’s literally our job), and are so happy you’re at UVA!