We’re working hard here at the UVA Library and want to share some exciting resources — some new, some less-new — that are usable for research and instruction. As ever, chat us with questions!
- First, HathiTrust: this week, a huge portion of UVA’s print collection became available online through an emergency access portal. Log in using Netbadge to use the collections. Learn more about using the digital collection.
- A number of publishers are making content available in light of the COVID-19 situation. This list is updated daily and includes academic publishers, commercial vendors, music/video resources, teaching tools, and more.
- Open Educational Resources are free to use, adapt, and share! Learn more about creating and using OER.
- Overwhelmed? We get it. Walking you through this stuff is exactly what we’re here for! We have librarians whose whole job is to know the world of information for your specific subject. Find your liaison—they’re happy to help!
- (And if you’re EXTRA curious about liaisons: we actually interviewed them all last semester! )
- Other questions? Want to know about scanning or LEO Delivery? Take a look at our COVID-19 FAQ.
As we all do our best to work, learn, and stay safe, we’re grateful to our UVA community. We hope you stay safe and healthy.
Questions, complaints, and compliments are always welcome: library.virginia.edu/askalibrarian