In an effort to keep communication lines open during these early days of renovation planning, “mini-newsletters” like this one will be periodically posted here, on the Library’s News page, and are simultaneously being circulated as bookmarks with a portion of ILS books.
Alderman Renovation Update: Spring 2018
After receiving public feedback and conducting numerous planning sessions, HBRA Architects will be presenting renovation documents in June for BOV approval. If approval is secured, HBRA will move into the next phase and begin creating building schematics, which will convey significantly more detail about proposed layout of the renovated building.
Enabling projects (projects to aid in a smooth Alderman renovation) continue: Clemons Library will see improvements beginning this summer and Ivy Stacks expansion is nearly complete.
Ivy Stacks construction will wrap up in May, and the shelving facility will return to normal service (delivery within 1–2 weekdays) in June. Solar panels on the roof offset the preservation-quality conditions inside the facility, and the expanded capacity will be essential in the coming years.
Clemons Library improvements begin in Summer 2018
Cemons Library will close on May 14 and re-open in August, 2018. While closed, the building will receive a complete HVAC overhaul and several bathrooms will be renovated.
- Collections will remain available and can be requested through Virgo.
- Clemons Reserves will move to Brown Library, and Fine Arts video reserves will move to the Fine Arts Library. (There is no change to reserves that are currently found in Fine Arts and Music Libraries.)
- Read more about summer collections availability in the Library news blog.
- Clemons floors 2–4 will resume normal service in the fall.
- Clem 1 will remain closed through the academic year for extensive renovation.
Stay up-to-date on renovation activities by visiting the Library’s Alderman Renovation page.
To receive Library updates in your inbox, including updates about the Alderman renovation, subscribe to the Library news blog.