UPDATE: Fine Arts video reserves will be available for viewing during the summer 2018 session at the Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library.
For all library users: anyone who’s interested in using streaming video as an alternative to physical media may contact Video Collections Librarian Leigh Rockey for help.
Clemons Library’s HVAC system is getting a much needed upgrade this summer and, since the A/C is offline during the heat and humidity, books, equipment, and staff will have to be moved out. The building will be closed to the public beginning May 14 and will remain closed until August when floors 2–4 reopen ahead of the Fall 2018 semester. Until then, all the Clemons services that students and faculty rely on during the Summer session will continue at other Library locations.
After May 14th:
- The Clemons print collection will be transferred to Alderman Library, and will be in closed stacks, unavailable for browsing. Virgo will show the location for these books as “By-Request” and the public can use a “Request from Ivy” button in Virgo to have titles delivered to a preferred pick-up location.
- The Clemons DVD collection will remain in the building, protected from the heat and humidity by a stand alone AC and dehumidifier. DVD titles may be requested in Virgo, and staff will retrieve requests once a day and take them to the preferred pick-up location.
- Viewing stations will be available at Brown Library for DVDs and other Audiovisual materials. Please contact us for help if you’d like to consider streaming videos instead.
- Clemons print & video reserves will continue being processed, but materials that would normally go on reserve in Clemons will instead go on reserve in Brown. Since the Clemons reserve staff will be working from Alderman, faculty and graduate instructors who have personal copies to go on reserve should drop them off at the Alderman circulation desk.
- Fine Arts & Architecture video Reserves will be available for viewing at the Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library.
- The Robertson Media Center staff will continue operations from the Scholars’ Lab on the 4th floor of Alderman Library, and some of RMC’s specialized equipment will be relocated there as well.
The Library will notify the public if plans change. If you have questions or concerns about the closure and possible disruptions to service, please contact the Library subject liaison for your department, or use Ask a Librarian for questions of any kind.